Listen to My Music!


Sell your beats online at ReverbNation.com

Friday, February 1, 2008

Are You Ready?

Originally Posted on January 23, 2008
(This is the third and final re-posted entry)


It's a new year now, and time for another update. Things have been delayed and pushed aside during the winter months as we all had family matters and other issues to deal with, and as a result the recording of my new CD has been delayed over and over again.

...until now. Tomorrow is the beginning of a new chapter, and the dawn of a NEW DAY. As I look across my living space behind me I can see a metallic glint in the darkness. I see a full set of drums waiting there, waiting for the chance to scream out loud as Darryl brings forth beats and rhythms to drive our new sound.

I've had a preview copy of one of my songs ( Waiting in case you're unsure) available to listen to at various internet sites that I've been keeping updated for a while now. I picked Waiting as the one to use as a public preview for two reasons, one being that it's a decent song with a strong message that people can relate to, and two - it may be a great song, but it's not one of my ultimate songs. No, those songs are still here, being kept locked safely away until the time is right to unleash them. Truthfully, Waiting wouldn't be my choice for the first song to use as a single. But I felt that it is good enough to get people to notice us beforehand and raise a little interest in what's going down here.

I'm pleased to tell you that I was right about that as well. The host of a weekly radio broadcast music show of new artists has expressed interest in featuring my music on an upcoming show after listening to my songs posted here. This basically served as the catalyst we all needed to get us focused again on making great music NOW. If all goes well I should be mailing a package down to the radio station in just another week with our first single from the upcoming album!

Who knows, a couple months from now you might be at work on a friday, waiting for the weekend to start and listening to the radio when you hear these words "....coming up next, a new song from a Canadian artist, here's Jay V. Marshall with his new hot single..."



You can believe now or you can believe later. Either way you better get ready. I'm going to be lighting this fuse up real soon.


Later world.

No comments: