Listen to My Music!


Sell your beats online at ReverbNation.com

Friday, February 1, 2008

Originally Posted on September 28, 2007

One Step Closer...
As some people may have heard, I have begun recording a new album. The goal is to have the first single completely finished in time to release it for internet downloads and radio play by January 1st, 2008. I've been working hard at it whenever my son is gone to visit his mother and the progress is coming along well, with 3 songs having a rough cut recorded now.

Today was an exceptional day for me as I had the opportunity to speak to Darryl, my first choice for a drummer and I let him hear a bit of what I've been working on. They say timing is everything and I would have to agree, as it turns out Darryl hasn't been working on music for anyone lately. He immediately said that he's ready to take on the drummer job for me on this upcoming album.

That makes me two for two, with both my first choices for lead guitarist AND drummer deciding to come on board. I've got two picks in mind for my bassist as well and once I'm sure which direction I need to go there the core set will be complete. Darryl is an excellent drummer, I remember being quite impressed 10 years ago when both his band and my own played a "Highway 12" party the same evening for a couple thousand people on the edge of our little town. With Darryl's band being comprised entirely of people several years older than mine they certainly had more polish to they're sound and better PA speakers, but the crowd got into both acts with lots of vigor that night. Needless to say, 10 more years of experience since then has done nothing but further compliment Darryl's skills.

And as far as my lead guitarist Kevin goes, I'd have to say that he has more skill at slinging an axe than anyone inside 50 miles, any direction. His specialty may be playing the blues a la Stevie Ray Vaughn, but Kev can rock a stage regardless of what style he's asked to do.

The pieces are coming together and every time we hit that record button my goals become one step closer.

No comments: