Listen to My Music!


Sell your beats online at ReverbNation.com

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

"Waiting" to be on radio stations soon

Things are really starting to come together! The first two songs for the upcoming CD are now finished and we are moving on to our next two tracks in the recording studio. I've heard from two radio stations (in Central and Southern Ontario) already that are interested in playing the first single "Waiting" on their 'Indy Music Hour' shows. And I have put up a 60 second long preview from the actual CD version of "Waiting" (the full length song is 4 minutes, 5 seconds) so that anyone can have a sneak peek. It's available through www.reverbnation.com/jayvmarshall and it's player embedded at http://jayvmarshall.blogspot.com

As a result of that interest I've decided that I may not have been setting my goals high enough. Previously I had just been looking forward to hearing my song on one radio station in Southern Ontario and seeing how that works out, but now that the interest in the music is growing I'm thinking that I should take the time to put some extra effort into making sure I have enough demo packages ready to go that I can mail out 10 to 20 of them at once to ensure a much wider scope 'radio release' day. (Anyone know any good radio stations that are airing new artists?)

So now as I prepare to mail out demo packages and .mp3's I will be focusing on getting my name out there so that people are listening for when my new single "Waiting" hits soon. Give the 60 second clip of "Waiting" a listen, and if (or when) you like it (or love it) tell someone else you know about it so that they can check it out too. This song in particular has always been special to me since it was written to be a song that would help give strength to people who are coping with Cancer in their lives or the lives of their loved ones.

Later World,

Jay V.

No comments: