Listen to My Music!


Sell your beats online at ReverbNation.com

Friday, August 9, 2013

Back by popular demand!

   After several years of collecting 'virtual dust' on the internet, Back Stage With Jay V resumes!
 
   Hello World!

   In the time since my last post a lot of life has happened including some highs, and some lows.  I've met a lot of great people already in 2013, and greatly expanded my circle of good friends. But today I'd like to talk a little about one new friend in particular.

   I'd like to tell you about a special little guy named Oscar.  Oscar is 4 years old, and comes from a good family with an older brother and two parents that love both their children immensely.  Oscar looks like any fun loving 4 year old you've seen before, but there is something about him that you wouldn't know most days from looking at him - Oscar has Leukemia.

   I met Oscar and his family and it affected me right away.  I saw two parents coping with a stress most of us will never see, and yet they still were incredibly outgoing and uplifting, while they immediately made me feel right at home in their house.  It's an uncommon sight, to see people who can carry themselves with such grace while coping with stressful circumstances beyond their control.

   After that day was over I felt an overwhelming urge to do something nice for them, even if only as a gesture to show them that someone else has noticed how kind they are, and how special little Oscar is.  That's what lead me to write a song for Oscar, something fun and uplifting - much like the family themselves.  They had told me about the stress of having to leave Oscar in the hospital so many nights, and the anxiety that it would bring.  So I wrote a song for Oscar simply titled:   'Coming Home (Oscar's Song)'.

   I am not content with stopping there though.  After working on the song over a couple months I finally had a finished mix that was not just ready for Oscar and his family, but was ready for the world.  And so with a lot of excitement I can announce that on September 1st, 2013 'Coming Home (Oscar's Song)' is releasing on Amazon.com, iTunes, and other major online retailers.   For example, you can already find the Amazon listing for the new single located here.  I will be sure to add more links to other retailers in the next few weeks as September 1st approaches.

After consulting with Oscar's parents on this, I am happy to reveal that I will be donating ALL of the proceeds from this release directly to a charity that has been very supportive to Oscar's family  - Candlelighters, a childhood cancer support program that does important work and provides real help for families coping with childhood cancer.

I have so much more to talk about over the next few weeks as September 1st approaches, and I hope to share this story with many more people as it grows.   In the meantime, why not like my page on Facebook at www.facebook.com/jayvmarshall  and stop by to listen to some other songs of mine at www.reverbnation.com/jayvmarshall

Later World!




No comments: